Eugene Rebuilt or Repaired Axles
For vehicle owners in Eugene, Oregon, we at Houston Rebuilt Axles are here to provide you with expert axle services. We provide axle repair, rebuild and modification services. We also are able to modify a differential for a wide range of purposes. Our professionals, who have over 75 years of combined experience, have also refurbished axles and rear ends that we sell to you. If you are in the Eugene area we can provide door-to-door axle shipping and receiving services to your home or mechanic. This service is also available to any city in the continental United States.
We are also able to provide a warranty on our axle rebuilds. Not only that, but we also use Timken bearings and seals in our axle rebuilds and repairs. Timken is well known in the bearing industry as being the industry standard. The products they create were also used in the James Webb Telescope. That telescope was launched in December of 2021. These will allow you confidence in our axle rebuilds and repairs. For modifications, we can modify differentials and axles for various purposes. This could be modifying a differential to use while off-roading or narrowing an axle for a hot rod. Contact us and see how we can help you!
What is involved in our Axle Rebuilds and Repairs
The first step in our process is to check how damaged the axle is. The amount of damage to the axle will then let us know if the axle needs to be repaired or rebuilt. If there is a lot of damage to the axle, the axle will then need to be rebuilt. But if the damage to the axle is not that bad, then the axle can be repaired. Repairing an axle is a cheaper process because it uses fewer parts and is less extensive. Both processes have some shared steps.
We start by removing the components from the axle and then clean them. Components that have been cleaned are then inspected and repaired or replaced as needed. The axle will then be put on the lathe so that our experts can shape the axle back to factory specifications. Damaged spindle ends will be removed and replaced with the spindle ends that we have made specially in-house. The axles are then painted, assembled and filled with fluids.
The axle rebuild process adds various steps. The first of these steps is to replace the ring and pinion. The replacement ring and pinion that we choose is a high-quality OEM replacement. On the carriers on the axle, we use Timken seals to replace the seals on the axle carriers. We will then need to replace the axle shaft, and the replacement for that is a refurbished axle shaft. The axle shaft has also been refurbished by our experts. If needed, a new axle shaft may be used. The rotors on the axle will be rotated or replaced if the rotor is bolted behind the hub. This is so that brake pads can be applied properly.
What you may experience if you have a damaged axle
If your axle is damaged, it could have happened in any number of ways. Maybe you drove over a large pothole or bumped into a curb or even gotten into an accident. No matter how it has happened there is a good chance you will experience one or many of the following symptoms. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, take your vehicle to a mechanic and have your axle inspected.
- Vibrations – Axle damage causes your vehicle to vibrate, which you will feel as you drive. The vibration will be more intense while turning the steering wheel as well.
- Noise – As the gears come out of alignment as the result of a dent or bend in the axle, you will hear a grinding noise.
- Leaks – A damaged axle can cause dents and cracks that lead to leaks. As a result, the lubricant may leak from the axle, causing the axle to not be properly lubricated.
Are we able to receive and deliver axles to Eugene?
For vehicle owners in the Eugene area, we can pick up and deliver axles door-to-door to your house or mechanic of choice. We can offer this service through our courier service to all cities in the continental United States. If you are looking for a mechanic in the Eugene area, it may be worth it to contact one of these highly recommended auto repair shops on Yelp:
1) Joe’s Garage believes your car provides you freedom. To help you keep your freedom, Joe’s Garage provides the Eugene area with high-quality car repairs. They also provide various services such as engine repair, transmission repair, electrical repair and more. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday 6:15 am – 5:30 pm.
2) Oakmont Service Center has been serving the Eugene area since 1969. Their technicians are also ASE-certified. They specialize in brakes, clutches, engines, tune-ups, and preventative maintenance. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Joe’s Garage, 888 W 1st Ave, Eugene, OR 97402
Oakmont Service Center, 2508 Oakmont Way, Eugene, OR 97401