Axles in Fresno: Rebuilt and Repaired
If you are located in Fresno, then our experts are able to rebuild and repair axles for you. We both sell repaired and rebuilt axles and are able to repair and rebuild your axles. Also, we have the equipment needed to restore axles back to factory specifications. We employ the use of our lathe in our rebuilds and also repairs. Not only that, but we also are able to ship our axles to any location. Our courier service will deliver or pick up axles with door-to-door service from any location in Fresno or the United States.
In our axle rebuilds, we trust Timken. Their bearings and seals are of the highest quality. In fact, they are known for their precise tolerances and also for being the benchmark in the bearing industry. Couple that with our axle rebuilds being covered by our warranty and you can trust in our services. We don’t just repair and rebuild axles, we are also able to modify axles for any reason. For example, if you need to narrow an axle for a hot rod. Or you need to modify a differential for off-road use. Whatever you may require, we have you covered.
What is involved in our Rebuilt and Repaired Axle process?
If you have a damaged axle you can get it either rebuilt or repaired. If the damage to the axle isn’t too severe, then repairing is a good option. The main difference between a repaired and rebuilt axle is how many parts will need to be replaced and how much work it will take. Repairing an axle is also a cheaper option.
Repairing and Rebuilding an axle share some steps. They both start by removing all of the components from the axle and cleaning them. This includes the ring gear, bearing set, rotors and axle shafts also. For repairing an axle, the ring and pinion set is kept in place. Then the axle will be put on the lathe to straighten it if needed. This also restores the axle back to factory specifications. After cleaning the axle, the bearings are inspected. Any damaged spindle ends will then be replaced by our spindle ends that have been built in-house. Then the axles are taken to be assembled, painted and also filled with fluids. They are now ready to be installed.
Rebuilding an axle is similar but does a couple of things differently. The ring and pinion set, instead of being kept in place is replaced with a high-quality OEM version. All of the bearings are also replaced with Timken bearings. All worn seals on the carriers and axle shafts are then replaced with Timken seals. Any axle shafts that need to be replaced are replaced with a refurbished axle shaft. These axle shafts have been thoroughly inspected and restored to factory specifications. If needed a new axle shaft will be used. Also, if, on the rear end the rotors are bolted behind the hub, then they are rotated or replaced. This allows us to ensure the proper application of brake pads.
When should you get your axles inspected?
Damage to an axle can happen even with minor accidents. Damage can come from loading too much weight and driving on a bumpy road, to a minor collision and more. If you have even just hit a curb it is worth getting the axle checked if you think there is any damage. Also, if you hear any of the following, you should get your axle checked:
- Leaking Fluids – Damage to an axle can often damage the axle housing. A bend or a crack can start leaking fluids. If your axle is leaking fluid, then the lubrication may not be enough to run the axle properly.
- Loud Noises – A bent axle causes the gears to come out of alignment. The gears grinding or hitting cause a noticeable sound while the axle is rotating.
- Vibrations – Often, when an axle gets damaged you can feel it through your car or the steering wheel. You may be able to feel it almost immediately after the damage has occurred after hitting a curb or pothole. The vibration will get stronger while turning also.
Delivering to and picking up from Fresno
Our courier service allows us to deliver to and pick up axles from any location in the United States, including Fresno. Whether it is from your home or from your mechanic, we offer door-to-door delivery. If you are in need of an auto shop, we recommend these highly recommended shops in the Fresno area:
1) Auto Repair Specialist has been doing auto repairs since 1981. Their experienced team is able to perform a wide array of repairs and maintenance services. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
2) Clovis Auto Shop is able to perform repairs with the latest in technology. Their team is able to work on both domestic and import vehicles. They open Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Auto Repair Specialist, 533 N Sunnyside Ave, Fresno, CA 93727
Clovis Auto Shop, 210 Clovis Ave, Clovis, CA 93612