Axle Rebuilds and Repairs in Cincinnati
We at Houston Rebuilt Axles perform high-quality axle repairs and rebuilds for vehicle owners in Cincinnati. Our professionals have also been repairing and rebuilding axles with a combined experience of over 75 years. Also, we sell rebuilt rear ends and differentials. Our shop is also equipped with a lathe that allows us to restore axles back to factory specifications. We deliver and also receive axles through our courier service from anywhere in the United States. We are also able to provide door-to-door shipping services to vehicle owners in Cincinnati.
Timken is the company we trust for our axle rebuilds and repairs. The bearings and seals they manufacture are of the highest quality. Not only that, but we also cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. These allow us to provide you with confidence in our axle services. We can also modify differentials and axles for any purpose you may need. This could be modifying a differential for off-road vehicles or narrowing an axle for hot rods.
Rebuild and Repair Axle Process
We will rebuild or repair an axle for a moderately damaged axle. A more severe axle will then need to be rebuilt. Rebuilding an axle will replace more parts and require more work. Because of that, it will cost more.
First, the axle will have the parts on the axle removed and cleaned for both processes. During an axle rebuild the ring and pinion set are replaced with an OEM replacement. We then place the axle on our lathe to restore it back to factory specifications. Next, we inspect and fix the axle bearings, seals and other components. Our in-house built spindle ends are used to replace any damaged spindle ends. We will then paint, assemble and fill the axle with fluids.
Our axle rebuilds have the bearing and seals replaced with Timken replacements. The axle carriers will have the seals replaced with Timken replacements. Any damaged axle shafts will be replaced with restored to factory specifications refurbished axle shafts. New axle shafts may also be used if needed. If the rear end’s rotor is bolted on behind the hub, then they will be turned or replaced for proper brake pad application.
What to look out for if you guess you have a damaged axle?
Axles may be impaired from a multitude of origins. This comprises anything from hitting a curb or driving over a very bumpy road while carrying a heavy load. If your axle is damaged, it may exhibit some of these symptoms:
- Noise – Gears can become out of alignment when there is an axle bend. Gears that grind together or collide will produce a noticeable noise.
- Vibrations – You will feel a very noticeable vibration while driving. As you turn the steering wheel, you will feel the steering wheel vibrate immediately.
- Leaks – Any damage to an axle can cause cracks that allow fluids to leak from the housing. Lubricant may not be enough on an axle that is leaking fluid.
Are we able to receive and deliver axles from Cincinnati customers?
Our courier service facilitates receiving and delivery of axles from and to any location in the United States. We are also able to use them to deliver axles to your home or to a shop door-to-door in Cincinnati. If you are looking for a shop in the Cincinnati area, these shops on yelp come highly recommended:
1) Goodyear Auto Service has been in service since 1924. They specialize in both tires and general auto repair. The shops are all owned and operated by the main company. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
2) Auto4N repairs a wide range of vehicles. They are able to work on German, Japanese, Korean and other foreign cars. The team there is trying to offer lower prices with great service. They open Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Goodyear Auto Service, 317 E 9th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Auto4N, 3700 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45207