Chandler Axle Repairs and Rebuilds
The axle experts at Houston Rebuilt Axles have over 75 years of combined experience in axle repairs and rebuilds. We provide axle rebuilding and repair services in Chandler to vehicle owners. Rebuilt axles are also available for sale. Our in-house lathe can also straighten axles. Our courier service can deliver and receive axles door-to-door in Chandler. It is a nationwide service that we offer.
When we repair axles, we replace axle bearings and seals with Timken replacements. Additionally, Timken products are known for having extremely tight tolerances and for being the industry standard. Rebuilds on axles are also covered by our warranty. If we repair or rebuild your axle, you will have both of these assurances. We can also modify axles and differentials to meet your requirements. Modifying a differential or narrowing an axle can be done for off-roading or hot rods. Let us handle all your customization needs.
Axle Rebuilds and Repairs
It is necessary to repair or rebuild an axle that has been damaged. If the axle is severely damaged, it should be rebuilt. Moderately or slightly damaged axles can usually be repaired. Repairing an axle will require fewer parts to be replaced, and the less damaged the axle is, the more likely it is to be feasible to repair it rather than rebuild it.
Rebuilding and repairing an axle begins with cleaning and removing axle components. The ring and pinion are removed from axles before they are repaired. To restore the axle to its original specifications, we will use a lathe to straighten it. We will also inspect axle bearings, seals, and other components. We have our own spindle ends that can be used to replace any damaged spindle ends. After that, we paint, assemble, and fill the axles with fluid.
Timken replacement seals are installed on axle carriers when the axle is rebuilt. The axles are also equipped with Timken bearings. In axle rebuilds, refurbished axles shaft replaces the damaged axle shafts. Occasionally, a new axle shaft is used. The rotor must be rotated or replaced if it is bolted behind the hub. Only then can the brake pads be replaced correctly.
What is the best way to tell if your axle is damaged?
Damage to axles can be caused by a number of factors. A damaged axle can occur after hitting a curb or carrying a heavy load on a bumpy road. The following symptoms may indicate a damaged axle:
- Leaks – Any damage to an axle can cause cracks that allow fluids to leak from the housing. Lubricant may not be enough on an axle that is leaking fluid.
- Noise – Gears can become out of alignment when there is an axle bend. Gears that grind together or collide will produce a noticeable noise.
- Vibrations – You will feel a very noticeable vibration while driving. As you turn the steering wheel, you will feel the steering wheel vibrate immediately.
Do we deliver to Chandler vehicle owners?
We deliver throughout the United States. This service also includes door-to-door delivery in Chandler. You can choose the mechanic of your choice or your home. Here are a few highly recommended mechanics in Chandler:
1) Automotive Diagnostic Specialties has been providing auto repair services since 1995. They provide diagnostic and repair services for a wide variety of vehicles. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm.
2) Gary’s Automotive Repair has been in service since 2009. They provide factory maintenance services. Their shop is able to repair services for both foreign and domestic services. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Automotive Diagnostic Specialties, 6835 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226
Gary’s Automotive Repair, 489 N Arizona Ave, Chandler, AZ 85225