Axle Rebuilds, Repairs and Modifications in Charleston
There are many times when you may need an axle repair or rebuild. Maybe you got into a collision. Or maybe regular wear and tear over time damaged the axle. Whatever the reason, our experts at Houston Rebuilt Axles (HRA) are ready to help you with your axle needs. We have the equipment needed, such as our lathe, that allows us to restore axles back to factory specifications. Not only that, but we sell axles that have been rebuilt and also rebuilt rear ends. You also do not need to worry about the shipping or delivery of the axles. Our courier service provides door-to-door shipping services. They can pick up axles from your home or mechanic of choice and deliver your axle to your home or mechanic of choice. This is available to anyone in the Charleston area and also the continental United States.
Our axle repairs and rebuilds use the best replacement parts we can use. That is why we use Timken bearings and seals in our axle rebuilds. Timken is known for being the industry standard in the bearing industry. They were trusted so much that they are used on the James Webb Telescope launched in December of 2021. Not only that, but we cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. Our professionals are also able to modify an axle for any purpose you may need. For example, if you need to narrow an axle for a hot rod, we have you covered. Whatever you need, contact us and we can help you.
Modified, remanufactured, and rebuilt differentials
As your vehicle ages, the parts on it will wear down, including the differential. Repairing the differential is a good option. This is done by rebuilding or we could also remanufacture the differential. Remanufacturing involves restoring the differential back to new as much as possible. This is done by replacing damaged parts. Rebuilding the differential will then involve cleaning, inspecting, replacing parts and repairing components. The rebuilding process will also only replace parts that cannot be repaired. Also, we are able to modify differentials for any purpose you may need. For example, are you an off-roader? We can modify your vehicle’s differential for off-road use.
How can you determine if your axle is damaged?
If you went over a large pothole or hit a curb too hard your axle may have become damaged. Figuring out if your axle is damaged is important for the health of your vehicle. We go over how to determine there has been damage to your axle through the following symptoms. If you do experience some of the following symptoms, you should take your vehicle to a mechanic of your choice and have the inspect your axle.
- Vibrations – A strong vibration will be felt when driving your vehicle from the axle damage. The feeling can also feel more intense as you turn the steering wheel, also.
- Noise – The noise from axle damage often comes from gears no longer lining up together. This causes the gears to grind against each other causing a sound while you drive. The axle just needs to get a dent or a bend for this to happen.
- Leaks – You may see fluids leaking from the axle. This is caused by a crack or a dent in an axle. This is a cause for concern because the axle may no longer be properly lubricated.
Can we ship to and from Charleston, WV?
Absolutely! We use a courier service that allows us to pick up and deliver axles to your home, mechanic or door-to-door to any location in Charleston. We also offer this service anywhere in the continental United States. Have you been looking for a mechanic? These shops on Yelp are highly recommended:
1) Village Auto is a helpful and honest shop in Charleston. One commenter mentioned how they helped the commenter’s son with his vehicle so he didn’t miss work and did it for free. They are quick and provide affordable pricing on their services. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
2) Bigley Auto has been open since 2000. They have ASE-certified technicians and are able to service a wide range of issues. These issues include brakes, tires, engine repairs, and transmissions. Their work is covered by their 24-month/24,000-mile warranty. They open Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Village Auto, 1599 Jackson St, Charleston, WV 25311
Bigley Auto, 2360 Pennsylvania Ave, Charleston, WV 25302