Chesapeake Axle Repairs and Rebuilds
Our professionals at Houston Rebuilt Axles are here for you. We provide to vehicle owners in Chesapeake professional, high-quality axle rebuilds and repairs. With over 75 years of combined experience performing axle repairs and rebuilds our professionals have the skills to help you. We also sell repaired and rebuild axle rear ends and differentials. Using our lathe, we will restore your axle back to factory specifications. Also, we deliver and are able to receive axles from any location in Chesapeake. Our courier service provides door-to-door delivery service to anyone in the United States.
We trust the best in the business, Timken, for their high-quality bearings and seals. The seals and bearings are scrutinized to the tightest tolerances. Also, we cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. This means you can trust that our axle repairs and rebuilds will be of the highest quality. We are also able to modify axles and differentials for any purpose you may have. That means if you want to go off-roading or are working on a hot rod, we can modify the differential or narrow the axle for you.
Our Axle Rebuild and Repair Process
First, we will determine whether it would be better to repair or rebuild the axle. This is determined by how much damage the axle has. If the axle is only moderately damaged then the axle can be repaired, but a more damaged axle will need to be repaired. Also, repairing an axle is a more cost-effective method but rebuilding replaces more parts and has more steps.
Independent of rebuilding or repairing, they both share some processes. The first is to remove the parts on the axle and have them cleaned. For an axle rebuild the ring and pinion set is replaced with an OEM replacement. Following that, the axle is put on the lathe and restored back to factory specifications. Then we will inspect the axle bearings and seals and other components and fix or replace them. We also build our replacement spindle ends in-house and use them to replace damaged spindle ends. Finally, the axle is painted, assembled, and fill the axle with fluids.
In our axle rebuilds, we use Timken replacement bearings and seals. For the axle carriers, the seals will be replaced by Timken replacements. Any damaged axle shafts are replaced with a refurbished axle shaft. These axle shafts are inspected and also repaired by our professionals back to factory specifications. A new axle shaft will be used should it be necessary. If the rotor on the rear end is bolted behind the hub then the rotor will be turned or replaced to ensure proper brake pad application.
How can you know if you have a damaged axle?
Damage to an axle can come from various sources. The damage could have come from hitting a curb to driving over a bumpy road while hauling a large amount of weight. Should the axle get damaged, the axle may exhibit one or more of these symptoms:
- Noise – If the axle bends, the gears on the axle can come out of alignment. The gears will make a noticeable grinding noise as they spin together.
- Vibrations – While you drive your car will shake and vibrate if your axle is damaged. The vibration can be felt through the steering wheel as well while you turn the wheel.
- Leaks – Cracks can form in an axle and cause leaks from any damage. This can cause the lubricant to leak from the axle and the axle may not have enough lubricant.
Are we able to deliver and receive axles from Chesapeake customers?
To facilitate delivery and receiving of axles, we make use of our courier service to any location in the United States. They also allow us to deliver and receive axles from your home or shop of choice. This door-to-door service is available to vehicle owners in Chesapeake. Should you be looking for a mechanic in the Chesapeake area, these shops come highly recommended:
1) Christian Brothers Automotive Virginia Beach specializes in both repair and maintenance services for a wide array of services. Some of these include air conditioning, alignment, drivetrain and suspension. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm.
2) White’s Automotive Repair is able to service all makes and models and they can also service some motorcycles and boats as well. They can help you from changing your oil to replacing your engine. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Christian Brothers Automotive Virginia Beach, 3228 Holland Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23453
White’s Automotive Repair, 941 Corporate Ln, Chesapeake, VA 23320