Axle Repairs and Rebuilds in Burlington
At Houston Rebuilt Axles we want to provide the best rebuilt and repaired axles to you. We provide high-quality, professional axle rebuilds and repairs to vehicle owners in Burlington. Our professionals have over 75 years of combined experience doing axle repairs and rebuilds. Not only that, but we also sell axle rear ends and differentials that we have repaired or rebuilt. We also make use of our lathe to restore your damaged axle back to factory specifications. We are able to deliver and also receive axles from anywhere in the United States. Our courier service delivers and picks up axles door-to-door in any location in Burlington.
For our business, we trust Timken, the best in their industry for bearing and seals. The bearings and seals they manufacture are produced to the tightest tolerances. Also, our axle rebuilds are covered by our warranty. The result of this is that you can trust our axle repairs and rebuilds. Also, we are able to modify an axle or a differential for your needs. For example, are you going off-roading or working on a hot rod? We can narrow an axle for a hot rod or modify a differential for off-roading. For your customizing needs, we have you covered.
Our Axle Repair and Rebuild Process
First, our experts will determine which option would be best suited for your axle. The amount of damage the axle has determines whether to repair or rebuild the axle. Moderately to also mild damage will only require a repair to be done. Any damage higher than that is then a rebuild may be necessary. Repairing an axle is less expensive than rebuilding, but rebuilding is more involved and more components are replaced.
The rebuilding and repairing process share some processes. The first shared step is removing the components on the axle and cleaning them. Then the axle is put on the lathe to be restored back to factory specifications. Following that, we will inspect the axle seals and bearings and other components to repair or replace them. Our built in-house spindle ends are used to replace any damaged spindle ends on the axle. Finally, the axle is then painted, assembled and filled with fluids.
For rebuild axles, the ring and pinion set is replaced with a high-quality OEM replacement. Also, we trust Timken’s bearing and seals in our axle rebuilds. The axle carriers will have their seals replaced with Timken replacements. For any damaged axle shafts, they will be replaced with axle shafts that have been refurbished. These axle shafts have been thoroughly inspected and restored to factory specifications. We can use a new axle shaft. Should the rotor on the rear end be bolted behind the hub, then the rotor will be replaced or turned. This will make sure the brake pad is properly applied.
How would you know if you have a damaged axle?
Damage to an axle can come from many different sources. The damage could have come from hitting a curb to driving over a rough road while hauling a large amount of weight. Should the axle get damaged, the axle may exhibit one or more of these symptoms:
- Noise – If the axle bends, the gears on the axle can come out of alignment. The gears will make a noticeable grinding noise as they spin together.
- Leaks – Cracks can form in an axle and cause leaks from any damage. This can cause the lubricant to leak from the axle and the axle may not have enough lubricant.
- Vibrations – While you drive your car will shake and vibrate if your axle is damaged. The vibration can be felt through the steering wheel as well while you turn the wheel.
We are able to deliver and receive axles from Burlington customers
We make use of our courier service to make delivery and receiving of axles convenient and easy for you. Our courier service provides door-to-door service to any location in Burlington. This could be your home or also your mechanic. Our services are available to anyone in the United States. If you are looking for a mechanic, these highly recommended shops are near the Burlington area:
1) New England Automotive is a positive, trustworthy and convenient auto repair shop. They want to save you money by offering low-cost options and exact prices for repairs. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
2) Dolans Auto is a friendly and personable shop. Not only that, they want to make sure you know what is happening and are easy to work with. Reviewers noted how much they have gone above and beyond in their service. They open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
New England Automotive39 reviews
- See More
Dolans Auto29 reviews
- See More
New England Automotive, 10 Gregory Dr, South Burlington, VT 05403
Dolans Auto, 250 N Winooski Ave, Burlington, VT 05401