Jersey City Axle Repairs & Rebuilds
Do you have a damaged axle? The professionals at Houston Rebuilt Axles are here for all of your axle repairing and modification needs. Our professionals have over 75 years of combined experience repairing, modifying and rebuilding axles and differentials. Also, we have the machinery and tools needed to restore your axles back to factory specifications. Not only that, but we also sell rebuilt axles. We accept and ship axles to anywhere in Jersey City. In fact, we can ship and receive axles using our courier service anywhere in the continental United States.
Also, we use Timken seals and bearings in our axle rebuilds. Timken is known in the bearing industry as the industry standard. Not only that but their bearings are trusted enough to be used on the James Webb Telescope. The telescope was launched in December 2021. We also cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. These combined mean you can trust our axle rebuilds and repairs. Our professionals are also able to modify axles and differentials for any purpose you may need. For example, if you want to narrow an axle for a hot rod or modify a differential for off-roading use. Whatever you need, we can help.
How our Axle Repairs and Rebuilds are done
We will first determine if the axle will need to be rebuilt or repaired. This is done by assessing how badly damaged the axle is. Axle damage that isn’t too severe can often be repaired. If the damage is quite extensive then the axle will need to be rebuilt. The repairing process uses fewer parts but is a cheaper process. Both processes share some steps, but rebuilding is a more involved process.
The first step is that the axle’s components will need to be removed. Following that, the components are cleaned and then checked if they are in need of repair or replacement. Then the axle will be put on our lathe to shape it back to factory specifications. If there are damaged spindle ends, then we will remove those and replace them with spindle ends build in-house. Finally, we will paint, assemble and then fill the axle with fluids.
The axle rebuild process differs first by replacing the ring and pinion. A high-quality OEM replacement is used to replace the ring and pinion. We will then check the carriers and replace any seals on them with Timken replacements. Next, we will replace the axle shaft with a refurbished in-house axle shaft. These axle shafts are been restored and checked to be back to factory specifications. If needed a new axle shaft will be used. The rotor is then turned or replaced if the rotor is bolted behind the hub so a brake pad can be applied properly.
What you may experience if you have a damaged axle
Your axle may have been damaged in a multitude of wars. As an example, you could have driven over a large pothole or hit a curb too hard. The ways an axle can be damaged are numerous, but whatever the reason, you may experience some of the following symptoms. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, take your vehicle to a mechanic and have it inspected.
- Leaks – A damaged axle can cause dents and cracks that lead to leaks. As a result, the lubricant may leak from the axle, causing the axle to not be properly lubricated.
- Vibrations – A damaged axle can cause your vehicle to vibrate, which will be felt as you drive. The vibration will be more prominent while turning the steering wheel as well.
- Noise – Misaligned gears can result from bends or dents in axles. You will notice a grinding sound as the gears turn together.
Do we ship and receive axles from Jersey City?
Absolutely! We make use of a courier service to ship and receive axles from your home or mechanic in Jersey City. We also offer this service anywhere in the continental United States. This is a door-to-door service for a stress-free experience. If you are looking for a mechanic in the Jersey City area, these mechanics on Yelp are highly recommended:
1) Hoyos Auto Repair A highly-rated mechanic in Jersey. Reviewers mention that their prices are fair. Commenters also mention their helpful and polite staff that are willing to help you and if they can’t, find someone who can. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
2) Vavi’s Auto Shop has helpful staff that will go out of their way to help you. Not only are they friendly but commenters mentioned how they are transparent with services and pricing. Not only that, but reviewers also mentioned that they are quick and accommodating. They open Monday to Saturday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Hoyos Auto Repair, 532 Mercer St, Jersey City, NJ 07306
Vavi’s Auto Shop, 448 Grand St, Jersey City, NJ 07302