Newark Axles: Repaired and Rebuilt
For vehicle owners in Newark, NJ, our professionals perform and sell the best rebuilt and repaired axles. Our team at HRA has over 75 years of combined experience repairing and rebuilding axles. We have the equipment required to perform the highest quality axle repairs and rebuilds. One of the tools we use is our lathe. This tool lets us restore axles back to factory specifications. We are also able to deliver our axles to vehicle owners in Newark. We are also able to pick up axles from your house or any location in the country, including Newark.
For the seals and bearing we use in our axle rebuilds, we trust Timken bearings. Their bearings are also the benchmark for bearings. They are created with precise tolerances. We also cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. The reliability and trustworthiness of our axles are also something you can rely on. We also are able to modify axles and differentials. This includes narrowing an axle for hot rods, for example. We are also able to modify a differential for off-road use. Whatever your needs, we have you covered.
Rebuilt and Repaired Axle Steps
Repairing and rebuilding axles are both good options for damaged axles, but for different levels of damage. Axle repairs are in general cheaper and are also a good option for less damaged axles. Rebuilding an axle costs more in parts and is also a more extensive process. Both processes start off similarly. First, the axles are disassembled. The components are then cleaned. The rotors, ring gear, bearing set and axle shafts are then removed from the rear axle assembly. The axle will then be put on our lathe to restore the axle back to factory specifications, should it be needed. The axles will then be cleaned, and bearings inspected. Should there be any damaged spindle ends, we will then replace them with our replacement spindle ends that are built in-house. After, the axles are then assembled, painted and filled with fluids, finishing the repair.
A rebuilt axle differs in a few ways. The ring and pinion set is replaced with an OEM replacement. We also replace all the bearings and seals on the axle with high-quality Timken replacements. The carriers and axle shafts also have all the seals replaced with Timken replacements. We also replace the axle shafts with thoroughly inspected refurbished axle shafts. A new axle can be used if necessary. Also, if the rotors on the rear end are bolted on behind the hub, they will be rotated or replaced to ensure proper application of the brake pads.
How do you know when to get an axle repaired?
Axles can be damaged by various minor events. For example, hitting a curb, or minor collisions. Putting too much weight over rough terrain can also cause damage. It is recommended to have your axle inspected if you suspect any damage. Here are some things to look out for when determining if you have a damaged axle:
- Loud Noises – A bent axle often emits a loud clanking sound. The sound can be caused by the gear’s alignment being disrupted. The alignment will cause noises while the axle is rotating.
- Vibrations – If you feel vibrations through your steering wheel or car, then your axle might be bent. This could be noticeable immediately after hitting a pothole or curb. The vibration could get stronger when turning.
- Leaking Fluids – The fluids in the axle housing may leak after being bent. This can also cause the lubrication of the axle to not be sufficient.
Shipping to Newark
We are able to deliver axles to any location in Newark. We also employ a courier service to pick up axles in any location, your home or a mechanic of your choice within the United States. If you are in need of a mechanic, these highly-rated shops are located in your area:
1) Prospect Auto performs automotive repairs on both foreign and domestic vehicles. They are able to carry out scheduled maintenance services. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
2) S&A Auto Repair is a full-service auto repair shop. They are able to do brakes, transmissions, tune-ups, differentials and more. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Prospect Auto, 486 Prospect Ave, West Orange, NJ 07052
S&A Auto Repair, 168 Clifford St, Newark, NJ 07105