Manchester Axle Repairs and Rebuilds
At Houston Rebuilt Axles, our axle repair and rebuild experts have over 75 years of combined experience. Our expertise in axle rebuilding and repairing is available to Manchester vehicle owners. Axles can also be purchased from us. We can also straighten axles using our lathe, which we have in-house. By utilizing our courier service, we can receive and ship axles door-to-door anywhere in Manchester. This service is available throughout the United States.
We replace the axle bearings and seals with Timken replacements when we repair them. In addition to being the standard in their industry, Timken’s products are known for having very tight tolerances. Axle rebuilds are also covered by our warranty. Having both of these will give you peace of mind when we repair or rebuild your axle. Also, we can modify axles and differentials to meet your needs. You may modify a differential for off-roading or make an axle narrower for a hot rod project. Let us take care of all your custom needs.
Any axle that is damaged must be repaired or rebuilt. In the case of heavily damaged axles, rebuilding is necessary. More moderately to slightly damaged axles can be repaired. A few parts need to be replaced during the repairing process, and the less damaged the axle is, the more cost-effective it is. More extensive damage will require rebuilding.
Rebuilding and repairing an axle begins with removing and cleaning components. In order to repair an axle, all components are removed except for the ring and pinion. Our lathe will then be used to straighten the axle and restore it to factory specifications. In addition, all axle bearings and seals will be inspected. Our in-house built spindle ends replace any damaged spindle ends. We then assemble, paint, and fill the axles with fluids.
When an axle is rebuilt, Timken replacement seals are fitted to axle carriers. Axle bearings are also replaced with Timken products. Also during axle rebuilds, refurbished replacement axle shafts that have undergone thorough inspection are used. It is possible to use a new axle shaft in some cases. When the rotor is bolted behind the hub, it must be replaced or turned. In this way, the brake pads can be replaced correctly.
What is the best way to find out if your axle is damaged?
Axle damage can occur from a variety of sources. The axle might have been damaged by hitting a curb or carrying a heavy load along a bumpy road. If any of these symptoms apply to you, you might have axle damage:
- Leaks – Any damage to an axle can cause cracks causing fluids to leak from the housing. An axle that is leaking fluids may not have enough to be properly lubricated.
- Vibrations – You will feel a very noticeable vibration through your steering wheel. A damaged axle will cause the steering wheel to vibrate immediately, intensifying as you turn the wheel.
- Noises – Gears can come out of alignment when an axle bends. This will cause a noticeable sound as the gears grind together or hit each other.
Can we deliver to Manchester vehicle owners?
Deliveries can be made to any location in the United States. We also provide delivery and receiving services door-to-door within Manchester. You can choose the mechanic of your choice or your home. You may check out the following highly recommended mechanics in the Manchester area if you need a mechanic:
1) Ataboys Auto Sales is a shop with ASE-certified technicians. They can work on foreign and domestic cars and trucks. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
2) Motovated Auto Repair offers a wide variety of auto repair services. They can service cars, trucks, trailers and RVs. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 AM – 2:30 pm.
Ataboys Auto Sales, 210 Union St, Manchester, NH 03103
Motovated Auto Repair, 1556 Hooksett Rd, Hooksett, NH 03106