Repaired and Rebuilt Axles in Fort Wayne
Our experts have over 75 years of combined experience repairing and rebuilding axles. We offer our axle rebuilding and repairing services to vehicle owners in Fort Wayne. At Houston Rebuilt Axles we also sell rebuilt and repaired axles for a variety of vehicles. Our shop also has the equipment, such as our lathe, which allows us to restore axles back to factory specifications. Axles can be sent to us and we can send them anywhere in the United States. Our courier service allows us to provide door-to-door shipping services to any location in Fort Wayne.
We trust Timken seals and bearings in our axle rebuilds and repairs. They are known for tight tolerances and also are the standard for bearings in their industry. Additionally, our warranty covers our axle rebuilds and repairs. As a result, you can trust in our work. If you are in need of modifying an axle, we have you covered. From narrowing an axle for hot rods or modifying a differential for off-road vehicles, we can help you.
Our Repaired and Rebuilt Axle process
Choosing between repairing or rebuilding an axle depends on the extent of the damage done to it. Rebuilding an axle will have to be done to a more damaged axle but repairing can be done to a more moderately damaged axle. Repairing is also more cost-effective. Rebuilding will have more parts replaced than repairing.
Initially, for both rebuilding and repairing axles the components on the axles are taken off and also cleaned. The ring and pinion is kept in during a repair but replaced in an axle rebuild. We then use our lathe to restore the axle back to factory specifications. We will then inspect and replace any bearing as needed. Any damaged spindle ends are then replaced with the spindle ends we build in-house. Then, the axle is assembled, filled with fluids and painted.
For an axle rebuild, all bearings and seals are replaced with Timken’s high-quality replacements. Any seals on the axle carriers are also replaced. Axle shafts are replaced with a refurbished replacement that has also been restored to factory specifications. New replacements can also be used if required. Should the rotor be bolted behind the hub, the rotors are then turned or replaced. This allows the axle pads to be applied properly.
Do you suspect you have a damaged axle?
Are you hearing noises happening while driving your vehicle? There could be damage to your axle. This can be caused by many different sources. From hitting a curb to carrying a heavy load over a bumpy road. There are many reasons an axle can be damaged. The following indicators can be useful in determining if you have axle damage:
- Leaking Fluids – Damage to an axle can often damage the axle housing resulting in cracks. Those cracks and bends will cause leaks. A leaky axle may not have enough lubrication to run properly.
- Loud Noises – A bent axle will cause the gears to come out of alignment. While the axle is rotating, the gears grinding or hitting cause a noticeable sound.
- Vibrations – Feeling the axle vibrating through the steering wheel will be apparent. The steering wheel will vibrate immediately if your axle is damaged and intensify as you turn the wheel.
Can we deliver and receive axles from Fort Wayne?
We can receive and deliver axles through our courier service anywhere in Fort Wayne. From door-to-door to any address in the United States, we have you covered. Are you looking for an auto repair shop in the Fort Wayne area? These shops are highly recommended and are worth contacting:
1) North Wells Service Center is known for being reasonably priced. Reviewers say that they provide the best experience they have had so far. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 5:30 pm.
2) Jones Auto Repair & Towing specializes in brakes, suspensions, and more. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Yelp Error: BUSINESS_UNAVAILABLE : We may not be able to provide details for certain businesses, for example if they do not have any reviews yet.
North Wells Service Center, 522 Wallywood Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Jones Auto Repair & Towing, 1701 S Anthony Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46803