Axle Repairs and Rebuilds in Bridgeport
At Houston Rebuilt Axles our experts have the equipment and over 75 years of combined experience in performing axle rebuilds and repairs. For vehicle owners in Bridgeport, we offer our axle rebuilding and repairing expertise to you. We are also able to sell our axles to you. The equipment we have, such as our lathe, also allows us to straighten any axles back to factory specifications. We can receive and ship axles through our courier service door-to-door at any location in Bridgeport. We offer this service to any location in the United States.
For the bearings and seals on the axles we repair, we replace them with Timken replacements. Timken is known for being the standard in their industry, and also has very tight tolerances on their products. We also cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. Both of these will offer you peace of mind in our axle repairs and rebuilds. We can also modify axles and differentials for any purpose you may have. This includes modifying a differential for off-roading or narrowing an axle for a hot rod project. Whatever you need, we have you covered.
The Axle Rebuilding and Repairing process
For any damaged axle, it will need to be repaired or rebuilt. Rebuilding an axle will happen when the axle has been severely damaged. Repairing is an option for more moderately to slightly damaged axles. The repairing process replaces fewer parts but is also more cost-effective the less damaged the axle is. Rebuilding will need to happen for more extensive damage.
The process for repairing and rebuilding starts with removing and cleaning components. All components on the axle are removed, except for the ring and pinion when repairing an axle. Then, we will use our lathe to straighten the axle and restore it to factory specifications. Also, we inspect all bearings and seals on the axle. Any damaged spindle ends are then replaced by our in-house built spindle ends. The axles are then assembled, painted and then filled with fluids.
Seals on axle carriers are then replaced with Timken replacements during an axle rebuild. Timken is also what we use to replace the axle bearings. Also during an axle rebuild, a refurbished replacement axle shaft that has been thoroughly inspected is used. But, a new axle shaft can be used if needed. If the rotor is bolted behind the hub, the rotor is then replaced or turned. A brake pad will be able to be replaced properly by doing this.
How do you know if your axle is damaged?
There are many sources of axle damage that can happen. You could have damaged it by bumping into a curb or carrying a heavy load along a bumpy road. You could have axle damage if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Leaks – Any damage to an axle can cause cracks causing fluids to leak from the housing. An axle that is leaking fluids may not have enough to be properly lubricated.
- Noises – Gears can come out of alignment when an axle bends. This will cause a noticeable sound as the gears grind together or hit each other.
- Vibrations – You will feel a very noticeable vibration through your steering wheel. A damaged axle will cause the steering wheel to vibrate immediately, intensifying as you turn the wheel.
Can we deliver to vehicle owners in Bridgeport?
We are able to deliver to any location in the United States. This also includes door-to-door shipping and receiving within any location in Bridgeport. This could be your home or the mechanic of your choice. If you are in need of a mechanic, these highly recommended mechanics in the Bridgeport area are worth checking out:
1) EZ Automotive LLC has been in service since 1985. They specialize in a wide variety of automotive services including steering and brakes. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
2) Dave’s Auto Service & Sales strive to be affordable, quality and fair. Reviews mention that they can be a bit more expensive than other mechanics but they are worth the price. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 AM – 3:00 pm.
EZ Automotive LLC2 reviews
- See More
Dave's Auto Service & Sales4 reviews
- See More
EZ Automotive LLC, 643 North Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06606
Dave’s Auto Service & Sales, 1564 Madison Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06606