Providence Repaired and Rebuilt Axles
If you need to get an axle rebuilt or repaired, our experts are able to help vehicle owners in Providence. In addition to repairing and rebuilding your axles, but we also sell rebuilt and repaired axles. Our experts make use of our lathe in straightening axles. This allows us to restore axles back to factory specifications. Our axle rebuilds and repairs are of the highest quality. We can receive axles from any location in the United States. Our courier service allows us to pick up and drop off axles at your home or any location in Providence with their door-to-door service.
For our axle rebuilds and repairs, we use Timken seals and bearings. Known as the industry standard in bearings, Timken creates bearing and seals with the most precise tolerances. Also, we cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. Both of these means you can have confidence in our axle repairs and rebuilds. We are also able to modify both axles and differentials for any purpose. From modifying a differential for off-road use or also narrowing an axle for your hot rod, we have you covered.
How is our Rebuilt and Repaired Axle process done?
Choosing between repairing or rebuilding an axle depends on how the axle has been damaged. For more lightly damaged axles, repairing an axle is a good option and is cheaper than rebuilding an axle. For more severely damaged axles, rebuilding is your best option. Rebuilding an axle is more expensive because it involves more steps and more parts are replaced and repaired.
There are common steps between the two processes. Our experts will first remove and clean the components on the axle. These include the bearing set, ring gear, axle shafts and also rotors. The ring and pinion set is left in the axle for repairs, and replaced with a high-quality OEM replacement in a rebuild. Then, the axle is put on the lathe to be restored back to factory specifications. Then we will inspect the bearings after the axle has been cleaned. Following that, for any damaged spindle ends we will replace them with our built in-house spindle ends. Finally, the axle is taken to be assembled, painted and filled with fluids. Now the axle is ready to be shipped back to you.
A few things are different in rebuilding an axle. All of the bearings are replaced with high-quality Timken bearings. Also, any seals on the carriers and axle shafts are replaced with Timken seals. We also will replace the axle shafts with refurbished axle shafts that have been thoroughly inspected and restored to factory specifications. Should it be needed, a new axle shaft may be used. Then, if any of the rotors on the rear end are bolted on behind the hub they are rotated or replaced. This will allow proper application of the brake pads.
Should you get your axles checked?
An axle may be damaged from any number of sources. This could be carrying a heavy load over a bumpy road, or hitting a curb or even getting into a minor accident. Many things can cause axle damage. Also, there are many warning signs you can observe that may warn you if you need to get an axle repaired. If you are experiencing any of the following, you may want to get your axles checked:
- Vibrations – You may be able to feel axle damage through your steering wheel. If your axle is damaged, you can feel vibrations, almost immediately, that get stronger while turning the steering wheel
- Loud Noises – A bent axle causes the gears to come out of alignment. The gears grinding or hitting cause a noticeable sound while the axle is rotating.
- Leaking Fluids – Damage to an axle can often damage the axle housing. A bend or a crack can start leaking fluids. If your axle is leaking fluid, then the lubrication may not be enough to run the axle properly.
Do we ship and receive axles from Providence?
Absolutely! Are you in need of having your axle rebuild or repaired? We make use of our courier service that will both pick up and deliver our axles to anywhere within the United States. This means our couriers will go door-to-door in any location in Providence. If you need to get an axle picked up from your home or delivered to your mechanic, we have you covered. Should you be in need of a mechanic in the Providence area, these highly recommended auto repair services are worth checking out:
1) Park Ave Auto Service is able to not only repair your vehicle but also do vehicle emissions testing. They are can repair brakes, do tune-ups, install axles, repair steering gears and racks and more. Their shop opens from Monday to Thursday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm and Friday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
2) Banchwerks services classic cars and Audi, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen vehicles. They can do engine repairs, oil changes, transmissions, electrical and more. They open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Park Ave Auto Service, 880 Park Ave, Cranston, RI 02910
Banchwerks, 357 W Fountain St, Providence, RI 02903