Fargo Rebuilt and Repaired Axles
For vehicle owners in Fargo, our experts at Houston Rebuilt Axles provide repaired and rebuilt axles. We also sell rebuilt and repaired axles. At HRA we have both the expertise and equipment, like our lathe, to restore axles back to factory specifications. We restore axles back to factory specifications and are performed to the highest standards. Axles can also be sent from any place in the United States, including Fargo. Our door-to-door courier service will then deliver or pick up axles from your home or mechanic.
In our axle rebuilds, we use Timken bearings and seals. They are known for their tight tolerances and also high-quality products. We also cover our axle rebuilds under our warranty. Both of these means you can trust our axle repairs and rebuilds. Additionally, we are able to modify an axle for any purpose. From modifying a differential for off-roading to narrowing an axle for hot rods, we have you covered.
What does our Rebuilt and Repaired Axle look like?
Deciding on which process to choose depends on how damaged the axle is. A very damaged axle will need to be rebuilt. If you have a moderately damaged axle, repairing is a cheaper option that you can choose that replaces fewer parts. Rebuilding on the other hand is a more comprehensive repair that is used for more severely damaged axles.
Both repairing and rebuilding share similar steps. First, the axle components are removed and cleaned. For repairs, we keep the ring and pinion set in, for rebuilds we replace them with a high-quality OEM replacement. We then use our lathe to restore the axle back to factory specifications. Following that, we thoroughly inspect the bearings and replace any as needed. Any damaged spindle ends are then replaced with our built in-house spindle ends. We then assemble, paint and fill the axle with fluids, completing the repair.
Some things that are different for an axle rebuild. First, we use Timken to replace all the bearings and seals on the axle. Any seals on the carriers and axle shafts are also replaced with Timken parts. The axle shafts are replaced with thoroughly inspected and restored to factory specifications refurbished axles. We will use a new axle shaft if needed. If the rotor is bolted behind the hub, the rotors are replaced or turned to apply the brake pads correctly.
When is the best time to get your axles checked?
If you have been involved in an accident or suspect something wrong with your vehicle, you should get your axles checked. Damage to your axle can then come from a wide variety of sources. This could be driving on a bumpy road with a heavy load in the vehicle, or a minor accident or driving into a curb. You may also hear or feel any of the following symptoms, which is a good indicator of axle damage:
- Vibrations – You may be able to feel axle damage through your steering wheel. The steering wheel starts to vibrate immediately if your axle has been damaged. Vibrations intensify as you turn the wheel.
- Leaking Fluids – Damage to an axle can often damage the axle housing. Cracks and bends can cause leaks. A leaky axle may not have enough lubrication to run properly.
- Loud Noises – A bent axle causes the gears to come out of alignment. While the axle is rotating, the gears grinding or hitting cause a noticeable sound.
Are we able to ship and receive axles from Fargo?
Yes! Our courier service will pick up axles from any location in the United States. That means we pick up axles from your home or mechanic in Fargo. The same is true for shipping axles. If you are in need of a mechanic these recommended mechanics in the Fargo area are worth checking out:
1) Auto Doctors is a veteran-owned auto repair shop that focuses on honest and accurate diagnostics. They want to offer great service at a fair price. Their shop opens from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 2:00 pm.
2) Adrian’s Autocare Center repairs vehicles with ACDelco parts. They are known for their speedy service and can do repairs, maintenance and general servicing. They open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Auto Doctors, 415 Christianson Dr, West Fargo, ND 58078
Adrian’s Autocare Center, 102 University Dr N, Fargo, ND 58102